After weeks of procrastination, its finally happening. Leaving Atlantis, leaving Pichilemu, leaving great uncrowded waves and heading north. Many miles to go until California and I have yet to make a dent.
The last week has been a blast. Pete showed up from NZ, some great waves around, Asados, Amigos. Must be getting a bit desensitized as I left my camera at home during a few Lobos sessions with El Mirador doing its best impression of Padang Padang. Long hollow tuuubes.
- Carlos, Vivi & the family @ Hostel Atlantis
- Ollie, Inigo, Markus, Brian, John, Joy, Diego, Rob and Matt and all the other crew that have been through here
- Uncrowded southern points
- Luli Love. From being a cute, fat little gordita of a puppy she’s grown into a canine wrecking machine. My wetsuit hates her but the rest of us love her.
- Chori-pan and Carlos’ especial Pollo Asado
- Oven-baked Empanada Pino from Ross. Alltime.
- The rock jump @ Los Morros. Standing out there with waves unloading on the shelf 10m away. What a way to start a surf
I won’t miss:
- The rock jump @ Los Morros. Risking board and limb every entry. Idiotic.
- Santiago kooks acting as psuedo-locals in Pichi. Let your surfing do your talking. Jerks.
- Cancer dog. Every day that cyst got bigger, he got skinnier and I felt bad.
Tomorrow we aim north. 1850k to Iquique. 28 hours on a bus and my only book is Darwin’s The Origin of Species. Should be riviting. Chao.